Integrates Best-of-Breed Products to Allow Organizations to Liberate Enterprise-Wide Data in the Data Lake for Trusted Business Insights
Pearl River, N.Y – Syncsort, a global leader in data liberation, integrity and integration solutions for next-generation analytics, today announced new solutions that bring together its industry-leading Big Data Integration and Trillium data quality software to address enterprise requirements to support data governance and Customer 360 initiatives in the data lake.
An important development following Syncsort’s acquisition of Trillium Software, the largest in company history, the new solutions leverage Trillium’s market-leading, independent data quality technology. This announcement takes place on the heels of the company delivering Trillium Precise in March, which provides data enrichment services that uniquely offers organizations a single, accurate, verified and complete customer view in real-time.
“Taking advantage of our expanded product portfolio, we have combined best-of-breed data integration and data profiling technology to address the most common use cases,” said Tendü Yoğurtçu, Chief Technology Officer, Syncsort. “In addition, with Trillium’s highly accurate, independent data quality product, customers are not tied to a broad, single vendor data management platforms and their associated costs.”
Enabling Data Governance in the Data Lake
As organizations liberate data from traditional silos across the enterprise and centralize it in data lakes for high-powered analytics, data governance is becoming a top priority, especially in highly regulated industries, such as banking, insurance, financial services and healthcare.
Syncsort has combined the power of Syncsort DMX-h high-performance Big data integration software to quickly and efficiently access data from any source and load it into the data lake, while using Trillium Discover to profile that data. Customers can now understand the quality of the data in Hadoop or Spark, so they can be confident the data meets their governance criteria, or identify where they need to take actions to clean up the data where necessary.
In addition, organizations working with mainframe data can leverage the unique ability of DMX-h to ingest mainframe data into Hadoop in its native format and work with that data like any other data source. This is a critical capability for preserving data lineage – a key criteria for data governance.
“As part of their data governance initiatives, many of our customers are looking for ways to assess the quality of the data as it is integrated from diverse data sources, including legacy and mainframes, and accessed in data lakes to support next-generation business analytics,” continued Tendü Yoğurtçu. “This process ensures they can trust that data, and that they are targeting the right data to fit the purpose.”
Benefits of the new solution include:
- Speeds and simplifies the process of understanding the completeness, accuracy and validity of the data populating the data lake.
- Enables organizations to trust their data, and the resulting business insights, by evaluating its content, structure and quality by exploring relationships that exist between, within and across data sets.
- Brings together business critical customer and application information by leveraging the power and flexibility of DMX-h to integrate data from multiple sources, including mainframe, relational, MPP, NoSQL and files.
- Provides seamless, “out-of-the-box” integration that boosts productivity and efficiency by eliminating the time and resources required to write and maintain code to get the products to work together.
- Enhances governance and data quality by providing a view of ongoing data issues via the ability to perform trend analysis.
Trusted Customer 360
Many businesses need to leverage all their data to best serve their customers in all their interactions and across all touch points. To do this, they are building data lakes to bring together information from customer interactions housed across multiple data sources, as well as third-party sources, to build a single view of the customer. Syncsort has integrated DMX-h with its Trillium data quality, profiling and enrichment software to speed and simplify this process, and ensure a complete, accurate view of the customer.
“Another priority for many organizations is Customer 360, and we have gotten strong feedback that our customers not only need a single view of their customers, but it is critical that they can trust the accuracy of that view,” said Keith Kohl, Vice President, Product Management, Syncsort. “The integration of DMX-h with Trillium technology collects information from enterprise-wide sources, including hard-to-access mainframe data, and ensures cleansed, enriched and validated data is available when needed for analytics.”
Highlights of integration benefits include:
- Supports a complete and accurate view of customers by combining data and then performing the address matching routines.
- Improves customer marketing and support by providing more customer information with a high level of accuracy.
- Helps drive key business decisions about customers by enabling customer analytics on next generation platforms.
- Provides the most complete, accurate and trusted information via integrated data enrichment and validation.
Syncsort is a provider of enterprise software and the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data solutions. As organizations worldwide invest in analytical platforms to power new insights, Syncsort’s innovative and high-performance software harnesses valuable data assets while dramatically reducing the cost of mainframe and legacy systems. Thousands of customers in more than 85 countries, including 87 of the Fortune 100, have trusted Syncsort to move and transform mission-critical data and workloads for nearly 50 years. Now these enterprises look to Syncsort to unleash the power of their most valuable data for advanced analytics. Whether on-premise or in the cloud, Syncsort’s solutions allow customers to chart a path from Big Iron to Big Data. Experience Syncsort at www.syncsort.com.
Director, Corporate Communications